Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Vote! Is Baby Cross a boy or a girl?

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Two years and counting

Two years ago today Mike and I got all dressed up to tell each other, and a large number of guests, that we promised to faithfully love each other and spend the rest of our lives together. The last two years have just flown by. I think we've been very blessed. I've always heard that marriages take work and that if you don't work at it then it won't be successful. Or I was told before I got married that I would have to remind myself why I married Mike. I'm sure that we work at our marriage, but it just doesn't feel like it. Being married to Mike has been very easy and each day I love him more. Not a day goes by that I've ever doubted our decision to get married or had to remember why I married Mike. Even though he's only been a part of my life for three and a half years, it's impossible for me to imagine life without him.
Recently I was told though that we should start writing down what we did for our honeymoon and what we do on our anniversaries. My great-aunts told us that even though we think we'll never forget that our memory won't be nearly as good when we're almost 90. So we've taken their suggestion and started writing down memorable dates and our anniversaries. I think it will be a great record to have, especially since it's hard for us to go on anniversary trips right on our anniversary. June 30 is the end of the first half of the sales year and so we usually need to take our vacations in July. Last year we went to Mexico and this year we're going to a great Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans. Some day I'd like to get back to where we went in Jamaica for our honeymoon.
In honor of the day here's one of our engagement photos and some of our wedding photos.

1 comment:

Carol said...

happy anniversary! thanks for sharing the pictures, you look beautiful and both of you very much in love..