Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Vote! Is Baby Cross a boy or a girl?

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Randomness

The problem with staying up late to write is that I get very tired and random thoughts start arriving in my head that are not relate to child disclosure, secrecy, lying or delinquency. I'm acutally quite random on a regular basis. It's just that during the day I can tell the random thoughts to my husband and get them out of my head. Except he's asleep right now. I can't imagine why. It's only 1:30 in the morning. So here are my random thoughts. They're mostly related to Apollo because he decided to stay up with me.
  • Apollo decided to eat his dinner at 1 this morning. It's a good thing for him that I'm still up writing or he'd be sitting in his crate a hungry dog.
  • We have a large couch. I sit in the center with the laptop on my lap. I put the papers I'm using to one side and the other is empty. Why does Apollo always jump up on the side that has the papers? I'll move them for him and then a little while later he'll jump up on the side that I moved the papers to.
  • Why does Apollo eat his hair when we brush him? All the pieces of hair that decorate my floor during the week he ignores. As soon as we start brushing him out and it's in large clumps he wants to eat it. We can't imagine that it taste good and it's not like he's starving. That dog gets plenty to eat.
  • I've had several late nights in the last few weeks and have noticed a difference between now and college. In college late nights were always accompanied by large quantities of diet coke. Late nights now usually mean a diet coke in the evening and just water the rest of the night. I would have thought as I got older I would need even more diet coke to keep me going. Maybe I'm just old enough now to know that staying up late and gallons of diet coke are both unhealthy and so limit it to just one.
  • In college and with grad classes there are deadlines to have your work done and turned in. The problem now is that I don't really truly have deadlines. Instead I make self-imposed deadlines so that I actually get work done. Hence the reason for being up late writing. The problem with not having a real deadline though is that it means I can keep working on something even after my self-made deadline. That's a serious problem for a perfectionist who never feels that something is good enough. I miss having deadlines that force me to give something up and move on. However, after a full week solid of writing and two very late nights I'm beginning to think that sleep deprivation may beat out the perfectionist and force me to call it quits. I'll come back for revisions after my adviser has looked at it.
  • My wonderful husband thinks I've been working really hard this week and wanted to be sweet so he bought me flowers today. They're pretty and bright yellow. Looking at them helps wake me up when I'm tired at 2 in the morning.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I hope you got lots of non-blog writing done. I can relate to your thoughts about your dog - the whole house and my dog has to be right on top of the laundry, papers, or whatever I am working on...its love, but its annoying :)

give yourself some time off this holiday weekend :)