Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Vote! Is Baby Cross a boy or a girl?

Monday, May 18, 2009

Vineyard

I remember standing in a breezeway at Trinity my first year looking at a flier announcing a band named Jackopierce was playing it's last concert ever at the White Rabbit and wondering who Jackopierce was. Sadly I didn't go see them but the following year my roommate Deborah moved in and put Jackopierce's signature star up all over the wall and started playing their music (she owened every CD) and after that I was hooked. I loved their sound and their style. They're the CDs that even though I may put them away for a few months, I always pull them back out. I was disappointed that they had broken up and I wasn't going to get to see them perform and they wouldn't be putting out any new music.
Every year Richardson puts on a music festival called WildFlower. It's the whole weekend and a number of different big acts come in as well as the opportunity for smaller, local bands to get some publicity. It's always a lot of fun and really inexpensive. Mike and I go at least one night with my parents. This year we pulled up the lineup to see which night we wanted to go and there on Friday night's lineup was Jackopierce - back together, performing, and with new music. So on Friday night Mike and I got to watch Jackopierce perform for over an hour. They played a lot of their old favorites and some new stuff. I enjoyed their new songs enough to buy the new CD. In fact I've had the chorous of one of their new songs stuck in my head all weekend. And of course, they finished with Vineyard. It was a great time and a great show.

1 comment:

O'Brien said...

They were/are awesome. Haven't thought about them in a while. I went to see them at the Rabbit!!